WHAT TO DO … ACCIDENT GUIDE:
1) Do not leave the accident.
If your vehicle is creating a safety hazard, or if you’re concerned for yourself or others, pull off the road or move to a safer place. Turn hazard lights on.
2) Check to see if there are any injuries.
If anyone is injured, call an ambulance and see that the person receives proper medical attention. Do not administer any medical treatment or first aid unless you are qualified to do so.
3) Call the police and follow their instructions
4) Do not admit fault.
5) Do not assign fault or enter into an argument concerning fault
6) Do not make any statements concerning the accident
– to anyone except police officials. Do not make any false settlements under any circumstances.
7) Complete an accident report in detail
– while you are at the scene of the accident and the details are fresh in your memory.
8) The Report Should Contain
Record the name(s), address(s), phone number(s), make of vehicle(s), and license number(s) of the other driver(s) and all passengers.
IMPORTANT! Collect the names, addresses and phone numbers of any and all witnesses.